My favorite thing about these cookies is how thick and soft they are. I really don't like hard crunchy cookies, and these ones always leave a kiss of dough in the middle (they even stayed soft after I accidentally left them out all night!).
Recipe: Chocolate Chip (Cream Cheese) CookiesTotal Estimated Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 12-18 cookies depending on size
1/2 cup butter (softened, not melted)
1/4 cup cream cheese
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 - 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix together butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, and vanilla for 3-5 minutes until fully mixed and the batter appears light and fluffy.
3. Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Stir until mixed completely and firm.
4. Add chocolate chips into mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
5. Place in 1" balls on cookie sheet and slightly press down so they aren't perfectly round and appear a little flat (helps give them a better shape).
6. Put cookies in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
(If you like your cookies a little less thick and a little more buttery then substitute the cream cheese for another 1/4 cup of butter.)
(Original recipe founded via Pinterest here)