What you need:3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk (can make by combining one cup milk and 1 Tbs lemon juice then let it sit for 5 minutes)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter and syrup, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
2. Add the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla and mix well.
3. Let the batter sit for 30 minutes (or overnight for super thick waffles).
4. Preheat a waffle iron and lightly spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Serve with syrup or my personal favorite-whipped cream, strawberries, and peaches.
* Recipe modified from Food Network's "Waffle of Insane Greatness"