I have tried a lot of different enchilada recipes throughout the years, some delicious, others...not so delicious. But my all time favorite so far is a recipe I inherited from an old roommate/friend Katrina (ironic since she's Asian). Anyways, the flavor is excellent and the consistency-perfect. Really I have nothing to complain about, plus, whenever I cook these my husband thinks I walk on water (one of the many perks).
What you"ll need:
2 cups cooked chicken (3-4 chicken breast)
1 ½ cups shredded Monetary Jack cheese
4.5 oz can green chilies
1 cup sour cream
10 oz can enchilada sauce
8 flour tortillas (I usually end up using more tortillas than this)
1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. De-thaw chicken breasts then put in a large pan to boil and take them out once each piece is cooked all the way through.
2. Take the cooked chicken and use two forks to tear it apart.
3. Heat over to 350. Spray 9X13 pan with cooking spray.
4. Combine chicken, jack cheese, chilies, and sour cream. Mix well.
5. Put in tortillas along with 2 tsp enchilada sauce.
6. Roll up tortillas. Top with remaining enchilada sauce, sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
7. Bake 45-60 minutes then wallah!
Let me know if you have any questions/concerns/comments etc.